Dandenong South (South Eastern Suburbs)
About the role
Katoomba Foods a leading Indian/Asian FMCG wholesale company is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join the senior Management team to help restructure current warehousing operations and Supply Chain functions with a hands-on approach and build efficiencies and structure
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for warehouse assets, including inventory, receivables, and payables to maximise performance, reduce carrying costs, and satisfy customers.
- Set up inventory control procedures, including reconciling inventory accounts, coordinating returns and repairs, and assisting in product cycle counting.
- Analysis options for WMS systems and take ownership of the Implementation process
- Managing and understand ERP system for the module functions of warehousing and supply Chain
- Implement reporting and processes to Manage claims, procurement, shipping, handling damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
- Determines work procedures, prepare work schedules, analyse production errors and recommend/implement corrective action for assigned areas.
- Leads efforts to control costs through inventory strategies, freight/carrier management and elimination of waste through lean strategy implementation.
- Implements and directs warehouse safety programs and housekeeping practices. Provides loss prevention training and coaches associates to maintain awareness and report concerns.
- Manage vendors and service solutions to optimise the fulfilment operations while measuring and improving their practical application.
- Reviews performance data and identify potential trends and opportunities. Make informed decisions and respond to changing operational needs effectively.
- Responsible for Maintaining facilities, warehouse, and office equipment.
- Controls and monitors operating expenses, stock documentation, review invoices and implements corrective actions.
- Conducts annual transportation cost analyses and takes corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.To be considered for this role you must possess a strong background in Warehouse and supply Chain Management the following skills and experience:
- 6+ years of supply chain management experience with a track record of leading successful and high performing teams.
- Must have experience in FMCG perishable industry.
- High level of understanding of Warehouse Management Systems.
- Experience with locating, contracting, and implementing/remodelling a new distribution centre.
- Able to work in a fast pace and high variable environment
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills with a Hands-on approach of the task on hand.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Window and Microsoft Dynamics and/or SAGE X3
- Able to Start at 7:00am Monday to Friday
65K – 75K